The new Schaller Automation Visatron VN2020 Oil Mist Detector
In 2020 Schaller Automation released a new oil mist detector, the Visatron VN2020. Acting as a successor to the VN115 and VN116 lines of models, it improves many aspects of what made the VN115 and VN116 series great. The VN2020 will be especially for 4- stroke engine marked. The VN301plus replaces VN215/87plus for the 2- stoke marked!
How does the Visatron VN2020 work?
Visatron VN2020 continuously and simultaneously evacuate crankcase atmosphere from each crankcase compartment between two main bearings. The VN2020 use a header-suction tube system for this purpose. The oil mist detector is positioned in the middle between two header-suction-tube sections located on the engine sides; from these sections, single-suction tubes branch off near the compartments. These tubes are considerably thinner than the header-suction tubes and they have a throttling effect. Owing to the large header-suction- tube diameter the vacuum and consequently the sample flow at each suction point remain virtually constant. The arrangement of the detector in the middle of the header-suction tube results in an optimally short sample running time in the tube system.
Here are some of the key upgrades that has been made to the Visatron VN2020 OMD:
- Integrated pressure regulator including water separator
- Can be delivered with ATEX/ IECEx standard
- New designed LED panel on measuring head with separate displays for safe reading during operation
- New connection box instead of connection socket used on VN/87plus generation
- New position of Wire Break Resistors inn connection box
- RESET button position directly on measuring head
- Latest SMD component and pressure sensor technology used in measuring head
- No need for scavenging air filters on VN2020- less spare parts required!
- Negative pressure to be read out directly on measuring head display- no need for u- tube manometer!
- CANopen and MODBUS RTU signals!
- New replaceable main cable between measuring head and connection box!