Bearomos 2020 Bearing Monitoring System
The sensor is a novel monitoring system for oil-lubricated sliding bearings that detects the transition from sliding to mixed friction.
The BEARing MOnitoring System, available since September 2019, convinces above all with these features:
- Early recognition of the transition from sliding to mixed friction.
- Use of the physical principle of the “Seebeck effect”
(voltage generation by “Metal on Metal”).
- Easy to install sensor.
- Online monitoring of auxiliary/propulsion engine’s main bearings.
- Reliable detection of bearing anomalies.
- Minimizing engine maintenance cost.
- Due to different physical principle much faster reaction time than other systems.
- Easy installation, also as retrofit.
- The supplied software uses the sensor signal to display the status of the monitored bearings.
- Together with the speed detected by the sensor, it is possible to make a statement about the status of how the bearing is running: hydrodynamic friction or mixed friction.
- Bearing status is displayed as a bar graph (green<->yellow).
- Long-term trends can be shown.
- Records the last transition from hydrodynamic friction to mixed friction with date, time, duration and revolution speed.
- Continuously monitors communication between software and sensor via LED indicator.
- Screenshots can be taken of current display.
- Possible to export the current data content from the graph to a CSV file.
- The transition from hydrodynamic friction to mixed friction and vice versa can also be displayed as an average over time.
- There is a visual status indicator, if threshold value is exceeded.
BEAROMOS®2020 has been developed in cooperation with RWTH Aachen University and was financially suppoerted by the ZIM-programme («Central Innovation Programme for small and medium-sized enterprises»).